Thursday, March 4, 2010

Clean

I am at home at 1:30 on a school day.

This is weird for me because for the last six years I have worked full-time at my kid's school. But Alissa was sick, and I had no meetings, and I said, "I'll stay home with you, Alissa." Then I did all the things that I have a hard time getting done since I started working full-time, like the laundry, and the dishes, and the vacuuming. I even cleaned up the mud room AND my husband's office. Surprise, surprise, there really are floors in those rooms.

It is so nice to sit in my clean house. I wonder if my kids miss the "stay-at-home" me? There have been so many perks to working at my kids school, but the downside is that my house, which I kept immaculately clean before I started working, most of the time looks like Dorothy's in Kansas after the tornado swept through.

So today, I will enjoy the clean...and go to work tomorrow.

2 comments:

Heather said...

Do not fear, your house can look like a tornado, I stay at home and my house still looks like a tornado came through.

Unknown said...

Sometimes it's nice to have a stay at home day. Sounds like you put the time to good use. Bet you're ready to go back to work today. Hope Alissa feels better!