Thursday, May 13, 2010

Has anyone seen my glasses?


I got new glasses. Aren't they cute?

I haven't had new glasses in, like, 15 years. That's because I have always sworn I would be a contact lens person. I love contact lenses. It's almost like you're just a regular person. No one can tell they're in, there's not a circle of blur around the edge of your vision, they don't weigh heavy on your nose and around your ears. I've avoided lasik (surgery? on my eyes?) because I've had such great results from contacts.

No more.

Contacts rebelled against me last fall. I thought it was just from overuse, but as the months went by, I still couldn't put them in.

Turns out, I have almost zero liquid in my eyeballs. The doctor put this dye in that's supposed to take like 12 seconds to evaporate if your eyes are well-lubricated. My eye did it in one blink. The doc says that rules out contact lens wearing for me. He did give me a trial pack of the daily wear lenses to see if that would work. They lasted 5 hours.

So, now I'm wearing glasses and semi-seriously considering lasik.

What do you think of my new shades?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

They look so awesome!! I bet you can see better too. Do consider Lasik. Marne had worse eyes than you and she got great results. I think if you don't have much astigmatism you get pretty good results.

Heather said...

They look awesome. I have been waiting to see when you would replace those old worn out pair. Now we match. Maybe that is why I can't wear contacts either. It feels like sand paper. Not a good feeling.

kris said...

Thanks, Mom and Heather - it's always nice to have support when you're trying out a new look.

Tabatha Fergus said...

I love the style! Very chic. My 'old' hubby just got reading glasses and he looks so handsome. I am a bit jealous. Out with the contacts...I am ready for a new pair of hot glasses. Yeah! Glasses are finally cool!