Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Happy 16th Sweet Jenna

Today my Jenna is 16 years old. We have been celebrating this for a few days now: a breakfast "kidnapping" by her friends on Saturday, early presents on Sunday so she'd have something cute to wear to church, talking about driving and dating and what it means to be 16.

Just so you know, Jenna is one of the most stellar people I know. We were discussing her awesomeness in the car yesterday.

"You are so awesome, Jenna. I like you so much."

"Mom, you have to like me."

"No, I have to love you, and I always love you, but sometimes kids aren't very likable and parents put up with it because of the love. But you, I have always liked you. You've been likable your whole life."

[Smile]. "Thanks, Mom."

Some of the things that are awesome about Jenna:
  • she loves to read and she reads FAST and she remembers everything she's read
  • she is so smart - like super smart
  • she is easygoing and happy
  • she is fun to be around
  • she connects with people and accepts them for who they are
  • she knows what's important in life and doesn't get distracted by the weird stuff
  • she is gorgeous
  • she is genuinely kind
  • she plays basketball and is tall
When Jenna was a baby, I was in her room talking on the phone while Jenna played. At one point, she crawled into my lap, curled up and fell asleep. I told my friend about this, and she said, "You are the luckiest Mom to have that little girl."

It's true.

I love you, Jenna! Happy birthday!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Jenna is so awsome. I love her soo much and I am very excited for her to be 16 and growing up to be such an amazing person. Happy Birthday beautiful girl.

nate and marne said...

i second everything that has been said. jenna is such a great person, and i am jealous of everything about her!! she has everything i wanted as a teenager, and isn't stuck on herself because of it. that is really saying something! i love you jenna, and the kids all ran around the house this morning, singing happy birthday jenna! :)