Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Poem


Kellie wrote a poem that was chosen to be published by Creative Communication. I thought I'd include it here:

Nighttime Hours

The cool night breeze,
blowing the once illuminated leaves across the sky.
Each blade of grass flows evenly through the meadow.
A cold shiver runs down my spine,
the sweet smell of rain fills my nose.
A drop, and then one more,
the rain sprinkles, filling my mind with memories.
Then it stops, clearing my thoughts once more.
A distant clock dings, ten o-clock.
A flow of darkness closes in as the street light goes off.
I look up, the luminous moon is a light in my darkness.
Radiant stars guide me home to a quiet house and warm bed.
Tiny crickets chirp a simple melody.
I slowly drift to sleep,
there I lay waiting for nighttime hours to start again.


2 comments:

Heather said...

You mean Kellie, not ellie right?
She is such a lovely girl, and she did a great job on the poem. She could beat me any day hands down.

Kellie said...

Well, what can I say? I was surprised that the poem even won. (I cracked it out in 20 min)