Sunday, February 20, 2011

Jenna's First Date

Jenna went on her first date last night.

When she turned 16 at the beginning of the month, there were no date possibilities on the horizon that we were aware of, so we were delighted when the handsome man at left asked her to the Sweetheart's Dance a week later....with a candy bar poster...it was so cute...and delicious.

The next weekend, she answered him by taping balloons all over his truck with the message "Since you popped the question, pop these to find the answer." And we shopped for a dress, super fun, and found this gorgeous one (her shoes are red!)

The big date was last night and I was so impressed with her date (Jacob) who was polite and kind and responsible (just what every mother is looking for in her daughter's first date). Jenna was so stunningly beautiful that it overwhelmed me and after they left, I had to cry a little -- happy tears.

The date was a success! In Jenna's words, "Holy cow. Best night ever. Victoria is amazing, my dress is amazing and my date was the best man ever!!! How much more awesome can my life take????"

I hope much more awesome, Jenna -- you deserve it. Love you!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I just love her and she looks so beautiful in that red!!! Yay for being 16 and going on a date with a great guy.

nate and marne said...

That is so awesome that she had such a great first date! I am so happy for her, and yes, she is the envy of everyone, including me! She is gorgeous, and awesome! :)