Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Saying Yes

My bishop called me in and said, "So your husband tells me that you have a little extra time on your hands." (Thank you, dear.)

"Well, yes, that is true."

"We need someone to serve at the MTC as an investigator for the missionaries to practice on. It would be 8 hours a week. Is that something you could do?"

[Pause while I decide if I'm ready to take this on.] "Yes."

Oh, and we also wondered if you would be willing to be the Girls Camp Director. Don't you have two girls going to camp this year?"

"Three actually."

"Are you willing to do that?"

[Another pause while I consider this one because I know what I'm getting into, having done it before.] "Yes."

I knew at the moment I was saying it that these "yes's" were big for me. I have been saying "no" to many things lately because I just didn't have it in me. My well was dry. I needed time to fill it up. I am happy to report that the well has been getting fuller.

I get to be busy again, with good things that keep me close to my family.

Happy. :)


1 comment:

Heather said...

I am so excited for you to do both of these. You will love being with your girls at camp and maybe get to see Josh while he is in the MTC.