Monday, February 9, 2009

Someone hurt my feelings


Isn't life confusing? I remember when I was a kid thinking how glad I would be when I was an adult and others word couldn't hurt me anymore. Turns out I was wrong. Here I am, 38 years old, and unkind words still wound deeper than anything. Darn my sensitive heart. Does it really matter what others think of me? My head says "no", but my heart says, "You bet it does!" I cursed some of my kids with this, too. I'm staying home from work today and pulling the covers over my head. Some days you just have to do that.

5 comments:

nate and marne said...

i'm sorry kris, i know words can hurt like nothing else. enjoy a good book or something. i hope you feel better soon. life is definitely hard, i am constantly surprised by the things we have to endure.

Heather said...

Kris, I am so sorry. Staying home from work means it was something at the school. I will say a prayer for you and know that I thinking of you. i love you.

Lori said...

One word Kris....

CHOCOLATE

and in big doses.
It always makes me feel better.

Sorry to hear you are hurting. :(

3in3mom said...

awww, I have had that happen this past month--this friend was obviously not a friend. Hugs to you!

sgresko said...

You got that tender heart from both sides.. me and your Dad. I'm 58 and still struggle with it. Wearing your heart on your sleeve is not always pleasant. When will people realize that they don't have the right to be rude mean or hurtful to others? The momma bear in me wants to punch their lights out.Grrrrr!