Friday, February 27, 2009

Lifestyle Change

So, I hit an all-time high for weight this last Christmas (other than being pregnant, of course).
I won't fill you in on the number, but let's just say I let out a huge gasp when I saw it.
I decided, "Okay, you've got to start exercising and eating right. No more putting it off." So, starting January 3rd, I headed back to the gym and cut my calories. The results?

I am almost halfway to my goal of losing 25 lbs. When I weighed in this week, it was the lowest weight I've been in almost two years! I'd lost 2 inches off my hips and and inch and a half off my shoulders. How is this possible? Good old-fashioned calorie counting and exercise. I eat between 1500 and 1800 calories a day of healthy stuff like fruits and veggies and low-fat meats, whole grain bread, etc. I have a trainer who works with me once a week at the gym and I go two other times and work out on my own.

Sometimes this whole thing is really hard. I have such a sweet tooth, and last night, that package of M&M's was calling to me. It was a mental challenge to set it aside and say, "Trust me. You'll regret it in the morning."

I'll post some pictures when I reach my goal, which will probably be the end of April!

5 comments:

Heather said...

I am so excited for you. What an accomplishment!!! Yay for Kris!!! I am trying to exercise but I can feel my scar tissue wripping inside of me. It doesn't feel good. You will be looking good in the bathing suit at the beach come spring break.

nate and marne said...

good for you! when you make a goal, you stick with it! i have a hard time. i get colds a lot, and don't like to exercise when i feel cruddy. so i fall off the wagon more often than not. i went to the gym almost every day when we lived up there, but since coming here, i haven't gone at all. i did buy the wii fit though, and have lost a little weight with that. hopefully it will keep coming off for both of us!!

Pugslvr said...

That's awesome Kris! I know I always feel my best when I work out often, even if I don't see a change in the scale. Lately I've been so tired and all it took was getting back to the gym to get my energy back. Good luck!

sgresko said...

Yaaaaay! Kris!!! You're doing great. Keep up the good work.

Lori said...

That's awesome Kris! I had cut out sugar from my diet (well not completely, but a big change) and lost almost ten pounds.
I haven't been able to exercise much because of the internal scar tissue ripping on my uterus from Isabelle's c-section, but I'm going to start light jogging again when my sisters are recovered from their surgeries.
We've got our jogging strollers ready to go!