Sunday, March 18, 2012

Rex Lee Run 2012

The highlight of the week was the Rex Lee Run yesterday.  Grandpa came up from AZ and Heather's family was here and we ran - boy, did we run! 
David, Tony, Collin and I all ran the 10K; everyone else did the 5K.  
We got our race shirts and then used iron-ons to put my mom's picture on them.  They said, "For my mom/wife/grandma/Sandy."  So many people commented on our shirts - I think we will see a ton of people doing that next year. 

Everyone ran so well!  My dad even finished in 43 minutes - his first race ever, he was so proud, but wants to do better next year!   

We got tons of medals!  Jenna took 3rd out of all the women (22 minutes).  Kellie took first in her age group (23 minutes) and Alissa took third in her age group (27 minutes).  Collin took third in his age group (58 minutes) and I took third in my age group (59 minutes).   
We created such a stir with all of us going up to get medals that KBYU took notice and interviewed us.  We'll be on TV next Thursday at 6:30.  Super great, wonderful memory. 

No comments: