Monday, March 12, 2012

Lissy Lou Turns Teen

I am late writing this post in honor of my newest teenager, Alissa.  I felt terrible about this until I remembered that she was late coming into this world (the only one of my 5 to do so), which resulted in my standing in Kmart on my due date with the lady at the service counter pressing pressure points in my hands trying to send me into labor.  Alissa would find that hilarious.

Here are just a few of the many things I love about my girl:

  • She gives me a detailed report of her day, every day.  No one knows the 4-1-1 like Alissa, and I'm grateful she'll share every tidbit with me.
  • She thinks I'm funny.  This is a huge compliment because Alissa has very discriminating taste. 
  • She is an amazing friend.  Seriously, the girl got 9 pink cookies on Valentine's Day-- talk about feeling the love.
  • She plays the cello beautifully, and she's not even nervous about it.
  • She thinks her new orange Converse tennis shoes are cool.
  • She speaks to me in German, and doesn't even mind that I don't understand a word she's saying.
  • She likes to wear scarves.
  • She thinks her dad is the best - I agree.
  • She runs sooooo fast....on the soccer field, and the basketball court, and in cross country.
  • She does the extra work to get an honors grade in English.
  • She always comes to kiss me good night.
  • She thinks fruits and vegetables taste good.
  • Her favorite colors are green and gold - how many people can say that?
  • She picks funky colors for the bands on her braces.
  • She tries really hard, every day, to be a better person that she was the day before.
Happy birthday my teenager!  I love you!

1 comment:

Heather said...

And she looks exactly like her mommy. Beautiful girl, love you Lis, happy birthday!