Saturday, August 13, 2011

I did it!

In June, I set a goal for myself to run a 10K. It's been a challenge to get in shape for it and I admit to having some moments of psyching myself out. But today, I did it!

I ran in the Run Like a Girl race up in Midway. Jenna was awesome and ran it with me (and took 2nd place overall - she's so amazing!)

Time: 57 minutes. Jenna ran in 44. I feel great! (and I didn't stop, not up the hill, not at all - yay!)

Before the race
After the race
2nd place medal - wahoo!


2 comments:

Heather said...

I am so proud of you Kris. You have found something you love and it keeps you in shape too. Good job. Anthony ran his first 5k this morning and he loved it. He is planning his 10k next. He wants me to join him but frankly I have no desire to run. I really do hate it. Yay for Jenna, love that girl.

Lori said...

Great job Kris! I need to get running again. I can't go more than 4 or 5 miles without my knee hurting (I'm getting old!) so there will be no marathons or half marathons in my future. Have you read the book "Born to Run?" I love running barefoot on the treadmill so I need to get those new protection shoes for barefoot runners. It might help my knee out.