Sunday, August 28, 2011

Climb a mountain


Yesterday was a monumental day in the lives of three of my girls. Jenna, Kellie, and Alissa hiked to the very top of Mt. Timpanogos and recited "The Living Christ" from memory.

Some things I am grateful for:
  • Their strong, healthy bodies that got them from the bottom to the top and back again in one piece.
  • Their fertile minds that were able to memorize a 1200+ word document about the Savior.
  • Their willing hearts to take on this challenge.
  • Their tenacity that kept them at the memorizing and exercising, putting one foot after another no matter how difficult.
  • Their young women leaders who supported and encouraged them and then traveled the harrowing path with them. How I love the village that helps me raise my children!
  • The general young women president of my church who told all of our young women: "you can do hard things!" and then challenged them to prove it.
  • Our bishop who climbed the entire mountain two weeks before to make sure it was safe and then climbed it again with the girls. Plus, his military training to just "push through and keep going" - he is awesome!
and finally....
  • their testimonies of Christ and His gospel. They know that it's true and they know of His love for them.
I am so blessed to be their mom.

Mt. Timpanogos - Utah County

2 comments:

Lori said...

What a wonderful experience for your girls! xoxoxoxoxo

Heather said...

Thank you for making me cry. What a neat experience for them. They can do hard things and because of their example I know I can do hard things too. Thank you girls, I love you!!!