Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Waiting for the call

I am waiting for "the call". Mission call that is.

I have been waiting since Saturday. Our bishop called on Friday and said that the status of my son's paperwork had been changed to "call sent". I have great faith in our postal service and told my husband so when he said I shouldn't get my hopes up that the letter would show up on Saturday. "It's only an hour away," I reasoned. But no call.

Sunday, of course, there is no mail service, but I was primed for Monday. "They've had all weekend to get it here," I said. Alas, no call.

Today, I am beginning to get desperate. I woke up at 5am. I've only checked the mailbox once so far, but I've been watching since 12:30. My son has already called. My husband has already called. Thankfully, my neighbor put up her red flag so I don't have to keep walking out to the mailbox in the snow (that's spring in Utah for you).

How do people stand this?




1 comment:

Heather said...

I am can't wait. Josh skyped me and he is so excited. This is so fun.t