Saturday, March 19, 2011

Happy 14th Kellie girl!

On March 20th, we celebrate the birth of my beautiful girl, Kellie Lynne.

I have never been so sick in my whole life as when I was pregnant with her. Turns out there were twins and I lost one of them, but Kellie hung in there and came into the world on the first day of spring. So appropriate.

In the hospital, I had her laying on the bed by me while I waited for the doctor to come in to release me. He entered and asked me a question. I answered and Kellie heard my voice and deliberately turned her head and looked right at me. The doc said in surprise, "She knows you!" Yes, she does.

Kellie inherited the "brown Gresko gene" which means she turns the color of a chocolate chip cookie if the sun even touches her skin. At 6 months old, I had people ask me if I took her tanning because she was so brown. (Seriously?) I love seeing her brown skin in the summer - she carries a part of me in her. Lucky me.

These are some of my favorite things about Kellie:
  • her smile - it's a little metallic right now, but it lights up her whole face & makes you smile right along with her.
  • her organization - her room and life are in order, she likes to have her day planned, her week planned, her life planned. A girl after my own heart.
  • her drive - Kellie gets things done. She sets goals, she works hard, she accomplishes much.
  • her charisma - Kellie connects with people. She can reach them and they respond to her. This is especially true with little children. She has been a "mom" from day one. How lucky her children will be to have her.
  • her athleticism - Kellie has arm muscles! None of the women in our family were blessed with this. She is strong and fast and I love watching her shoot the basketball and serve the volleyball and swim the butterfly. Poetry in motion.
  • her love - most every night, Kellie comes in to my room and "tucks me in" and lays next to me and we talk and laugh. I am so blessed.
Have a wonderful birthday, my Kellie. You were worth every moment of sickness it took to get you here and then some. The world is lucky to have you!

3 comments:

Heather said...

I remember that summer, and you staying with us for a couple of weeks. You were so so sick but Kellie was definitely worth it. I love watching her grow up. She is such a special girl. I love you Kellie Lynne.

nate and marne said...

i can't believe these kids just keeping growing up!! 14 is such a fun age, and kellie is such a fun girl. we love her around here. rachel still asks when her kellie is coming to play with her. she loved being the center of attention this summer!! kellie is such a sweet girl, and is growing up so well. good job to both of you on that, i know it's a group effort!! :) love you kellie!!

Kellie said...

What? I was gonna be a twin? I gained the personality of twins though. :) That means I could have had a brother or sister at school with me!
Thanks. I love watching the little kids! They make me so happy. Love you all! :)