Saturday, October 16, 2010

Spirit of Elijah


I have been bit by the geneaology bug...bad.

It got me for the first time last summer. I spent weeks and weeks sorting through info from my grandmas and organizing it in my new computer program and then I joined ancestry.com and found two different family lines previously unknown that went back 4 generations. It was incredible.

Then, it was time for school to start and I had to set it all aside.

These past weeks, the symptoms hit again and I have been at it with vengeance. I even looked into getting a second bachelor's degree in Family History. Can you believe BYU won't let you get two bachelor's degrees? Bummer.

I have always suspected I'd be a family history junkie. I love to organize and put things in their proper order; and I LOVE my family. But it was never the right season of life, you know? I was having babies and working full-time and I just couldn't give it what it needed. But I thought it might be something I could get into. I was right. I cannot get enough.

This past week I am sorting through the Bass and Hogg families. I can still hear my Nana's voice talking to me about them and telling me she just couldn't get them straightened out and that I would have to do it.

Nana, I am happy to do so.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Good for you Kris. I admit that it does not interest me at all and feel a tiny bit guilty about that. I will live and serve vicariously through you.